Established in 1998, FAR has a decade-long track record of satisfying customers. In 2002, Osama Faris became FAR president and chief executive officer. Born in Fortaleza Brazil to Egyptian parents, Osama has helped build FAR into the nimble, competitive and focussed services firm that it is today. Today, FAR provides IT managed services to clients all over North America, including Ottawa, Houston, Denver, Calgary and other cities. The company is strongly poised for growth to meet the increasingly complicated IT challenges of small and medium sized businesses.
- January 1998: FAR commences operations as an IT consulting services firm.
- November 2002: Osama Faris becomes FAR President and CEO.
- January 2003: FAR achieves Microsoft Certified Partner status.
- January 2004: FAR implements Level Platforms Managed Workplace, adding 24/7 monitoring of customer networks.
- July 2004: FAR adopts Autotask IT Services Manager, streamlines services offerings and becomes an IT managed services firm.
- September 2006: FAR transitions all customers to a fixed cost/user billing model, providing unlimited 24/7/365 support to client networks.
- December 2006: FAR deploys an enterprise-class network for the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada Federation Office.
- June 2007: FAR replaces its fleet of Chrysler PT Cruisers with orange Dodge Nitros. Four service vehicles now in service.
- July 2007: FAR deploys an enterprise-class network for Contract Furniture Source. signs a multi-year IT services agreement.
- December 2007: FAR becomes a Certified Objectworld Partner and commences deployment of SIP-based VoIP solutions to customers.
- December 2008: FAR deploys a Microsoft SBS 2008 multi-site network and VoIP system for Oegema Nicholson & Associates.
- March 2009: FAR achieves Gold Partner Status with Obectworld Communications Corp.
- June 2009: Vincent Guihan joins FAR as Vice President, Sales and Marketing; FAR’s espresso bill rapidly doubles.
- October 2009: FAR achieves Microsoft Gold Certified Partner status.
- November 2009: FAR deploys an enterprise-class high security network for Masha Krupp Translation Group.
- December 2009: FAR launches a new Web site to better articulate all the value that FAR can provide to customers.